- Program and setup EDM machines and work with minimal supervision;
- Determine machining requirements, dimensional specifications, and set up requirements from programs, process sheets or parts list.
- Select, preset and adjust settings needed for optimal speed and tolerances;
- Ensure effective production of quality parts by completing final checks using gauges and measuring equipment;
- Ensure that all machining tasks are completed in accordance with specified run times;
- Conduct minor preventative maintenance procedures as scheduled;
- Complete minor troubleshooting as required.
- Post-Secondary education
- Basic knowledge of machine shop, Minimum 2 year experience operating EDM machines
- Programming an asset.